Being an educational institute MPCT has got some ethical values and norms for which it is firmly devoted and dedicated. Each and every student seeking admission in MPCT has to follow the rules and also maintain the dignity and decorum of the institute. Every student of the institute has to get an identity card issued.
Every student admitted to the institute shall abide by the Rule 12 of ordinance No. 7 of M.P. Vishwavidyala Adhiniyam 1973. Any student found guilty of the breach of discipline shall be punished in accordance to Rule 13 of ordinance No. 7 which is given below:
Every student in the University shall at all times be of a good behaviour, show diligence in studies, maintain decorum and dignity, take proper interest in co-curricular activities and observe all rules of discipline of the institution.
- When student is found guilty of breach of discipline within or outside the Precinct of the University or Institution or persistent, idleness or has been guilty of misconduct, the Head of the Institution where such student is studying may according to the nature and gravity of offence may:
(a) Suspend such a student from attending classes for not more than a week at a time or,
(b) Expel such a student from his institution or disqualify such a student from appearing in the next examination or
(c) Rusticate such a student.
- Before imposing any punishment as aforesaid, the Head of Institution shall give the student concerned an opportunity of personal hearing and record the reason of imposing the punishment.
- The Head of Institution concerned shall have power to suspend for such time, as any be necessary, a student temporarily from the institution pending enquiry into his conduct in connection with an alleged offence.
- The period during which a student remains suspended for completion of an enquiry, shall be reckoned in the calculation of his attendance for appearing in an examination provided he is found innocent.
- A student who has been rusticated shall not be admitted to another institution within the jurisdiction of that University, Generally, the period of rustication shall not exceed two years. Other universities shall be informed of the fact of rustication.
- The rustication of a student from an institution shall entail the removal of his name from the register of the College.
Well-furnished separate hostels are available in the campus for the Boys and Girls. These hostels are governed by certain rules and regulations. A book of rules for the hostel is printed separately which will be provided to the student after admission in the hostel. A 32-seater bus is run by the institute which is available for the transportation of the students from the city . This facility can be availed by depositing a fixed amount to the office.
To maintain the library management two Library tokens are issued to each student, which can be obtained from the library office.
- The membership of the library is open to all the students of the college.
- A student desirous of borrowing books from the library must have an identity card issued to him/her by the college with proper seal and signature of the Principal.
- At a time only two books can be issued to a student.
- Reference books will not be issued to the student.
- There is a provision of study of the reference books in the library reading room only.
- No book can be issued twice a month to the same student.
- The mutual transfer of the allotted books among the students is not permitted and shall be penalized whenever detected.
- The books will be issued to the student only on the allotted date and time.
- The students will be solely responsible for any loss or damage of the books borrowed and, they may be asked to replace it or pay its prevailing market price.
- Student can retain a book for 1 5 days only.
- A fine of Rs. 2/- per day will be charged for retaining the book after allotted time.
- Students are required to attend not less than 80% of Theory and Practical classes in each subject separately. However condoning of 1 5% absence may be considered as per the ordinance of the University.
- Leave other than vacations will not be ordinarily granted to the students during the college session. Parents and guardians are requested not to encourage their wards to take leave from the college. Any kind of leave is permissible only with the prior written permission of the Principal, the minimum requirement of attendance will have to be fulfilled as mentioned in Clause 1
- With the approval of the Govt. of M.P. admission rules and procedure are subject to alteration/modification at any time without prior notice to the candidates.
- The Principal will fix the amount of fine.
- Students remaining absent from classes for long duration are liable to be expelled from the college.